7 October 2014

Comedian Jerry Seinfeld’s Brutally Honest Take On The Advertising Industry

[Click here to view the video in this article]







“I think spending your life trying to dupe innocent people out of hard-won earnings to buy useless, low quality, misrepresented items and services is an excellent use of your energy.”



Actor, comedian and producer Jerry Seinfeld ribbed the advertising industry in his acceptance speech as he bagged the Honorary CLIO Award, which took place during the recently concluded Advertising Week in New York City.



Seinfeld treated the audience at the 55th Annual CLIO Awards to a witty repartee as he poked fun at the industry’s deceptive practices.



He said, “I love advertising because I love lying. In advertising, everything is the way you wish it was. I don’t care that it won’t be like that when I actually get the product being advertised, because in between seeing the commercial and owning the thing, I’m happy. And that’s all I want.”



The CLIO Awards is an international recognition of outstanding works in the fields of advertising, design, digital and communications.



Check out the video below:























[via Affan Khokhar]