22 October 2012

Reviewing PSD to XHTML Services by CodeMyConcept


Advertise here with BSA




Since I started this blog over 6 years ago, I have been getting a lot of questions regarding PSD to HTML coding services. Are they worth it? How expensive are they? What is the quality of code, etc? Recently I had the chance to try CodeMyConcept.com for my conversion project. I will share my experience in this review and you can see for yourself the work they did for me.



CodeMyConcept


A few words about CodeMyConcept


CodeMyConcept is a team of skilled coders and creative enthusiasts, who take your web designs (PSD, PNG, AI, etc.) and turn them into hand-coded pixel-perfect W3C compliant XHTML/CSS markup. They also offer a PSD to Email newsletter package and a wide range of CMS implementation options (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.).


The Process


Working with CodeMyConcept is pretty simple. Their work-flow is as follows:


Step 1 – Submitting the project


Ok, so you have the PSD file you want to slice into XHTML/CSS code. You just go ahead and submit your artwork and specify the options you need using their order form.


CodeMyConcept Ordering Form


First select the markup type of your project. There are two options : XHTML 1.0 / CSS 2.1 and HTML5 / CSS3.


Then specify if you need any CMS implemented. The supported CMSs are WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento and Shopify.


The Additional Options section contains a huge variety of options regarding the code itself, so you can customize your project as much as you like. For example you can choose if you wish the layout to be fixed or responsive, centered or aligned to the left, whether you want your HTML to be compatible with iPads, iPhones, Android based devices, and even Internet Explorer 6 compatibility! Other options include Resizable Fonts, Non-web Fonts, Dynamic Drop Down Menus, JQuery Accordion, Custom Scrolls, JQuery Carousel, and much more.


Finally you provide your contact info and add any special details you wish to include to your project.


Step 2 – Communication


After you place your order, your project manager will get in touch with you to discuss your project details and provide you with a final quote and delivery timeline. My PM asked me regarding the fonts used in my project and licensing for these fonts. With that clarified, they started working on the code.


CodeMyConcept Client Area


Their standard turnaround time for PSD to HTML project is 2-3 business days. I received the markup in 2 days, which was pretty fast I think.


Step 3 – Your files are ready to download


In two days I was notified that I could download my hand-coded and thoroughly tested files.


Feel free to check out the markup I received. It is W3C Valid HTML 5 / CSS 3 table-less markup with Shorthand CSS, SEO Semantic Coding and Load Speed Optimization. The supported browsers are Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.


My Project with CodeMyConcept


Project Code



View the finished coded version I received.



I was really pleased with the service. If you are looking for quality PSD to HTML conversion company, CodeMyConcept is an excellent solution for you. Give them a go!