Creativity can take many forms. Whether it is put into graphic design in order to develop amazing imagery or building on an idea to create something no one has ever seen before, creativity is how the world evolves. Without those using their imaginations, nearly everything we take for granted wouldn’t exist. Technologies, furniture, and even foods would be bland and unimaginative.
Nearly everyone can be imaginative in some way. True creativity isn’t something that can be taught. However, you don’t have to be a genius to be able to turn one object into something else. You don’t have to be a graphic designer in order to create works of art, either. There are many ways that one can stretch his or her creative muscle and possibly find lucrative employment.
1. Cooking - A great deal of imagination goes into preparing a classy meal. Any chef will tell you that it’s not all about the taste of the food, but how it’s arranged on a plate. It takes a good eye to be able to combine foods in such a manner that makes people sad to eat such a well-presented meal. Although your raw talents for cooking exist, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to take classes in order to cultivate your abilities.
2. Painter - You don’t have to be a Pablo Picasso in order to find work as a painter. Although covering a wall in a single color may not be the most ideal work for you, painting murals on those walls could be. There are many establishments that will pay good money for someone to paint a specific mural on a wall. Although these images have less of a chance to last forever than works of historical figures, they will definitely be admired for years to come.
3. Graphic Design - Graphic designers can use their talents in a great many ways to make money. People need images for business cards, logos, posters, and even websites. By delivering an extensive portfolio of select visuals, you can find a job in a variety of locations. If you are just starting, fill your portfolio with example work of how you would have handled specific tasks such as theoretical logo designs for large companies, sketches, and more. As time progresses, add your professional content to those works you have created.
4. Innovative - Technology is full of those who have taken one item and re-envisioned it in order to produce something new. Take Apple, for example. This company has actually invented very little, but has made billions by innovating and combining other items together. Discovering a new use for an existing tool, reshaping an item for greater convenience, and combining items that have never been put together before is how much of the money has been made in the world of technology. As long as you can find a new use for something or take existing technology and do something else with it, people will buy it from you.
5. Landscaping - Landscaping can be a very lucrative possibility for those who are imaginative. You can turn the yard into your canvas and nature will be your paints. If you can put elaborate detail into flower gardens, hedges, and more people will hire you to create a wonderment of nature. Landscaping is more than merely cutting the grass or planting flowers. It can be a way to flex creative muscle as the yard or garden seems to come alive with your touch.
Regardless of how unimaginative you may think you are, you are being creative nearly every day on some level. From rearranging your furniture to improve your living space to arranging your cabinets in the kitchen for functionality, you exercise your imagination far often than you may think. Focus on one of your creative talents and market yourself well. You'll be amazed by how well things will turn out.
Top image from The Creative Finder.
Jack Meyers is a regular contributor for www.nannybackgroundcheck.com. As a detective he wants to spread the knowledge of terrible things that can happen when people don’t fully verify the credentials of a caregiver or any employee. He also writes for various law enforcement blogs and sites.