28 July 2014

Humorous Photo Series Takes A Literal Dig At Street Style Blogs



“Aren’t these glasses the shit?”



Wanting to poke fun at blogs promoting street fashion and trends, stylists Isla Bell Murray and Jessica Saia decided to come up with their own literal take on the term “street style”.



They wrote, “If anything, the street is usually out of focus or is in the photo at some weird angle, not being stylish at all!”



Thus, they embarked on an amusing mission to give recognition and street cred to trash bins, trees and even animal poo on the sidewalk in the photo series here.



Check out some of the photos below, all witty captions are by Murray and Saia.





“Yeah, I know I look good. I’ve already stopped like 30 cars today.”





“I usually stick to natural fibers, but I guess it’d be nice to branch out.”





“I try to keep things classic; trends expire so quickly in this city. I stop caring on Sundays though, ‘cause no one’s even looking.”





“I don’t think my style is anything to write home about. Hawaiian prints are on all my male friends this season.”





“Bitches love me, but it pisses me off, ‘cause they’re always sniffing around, stealing my look.”





[via The Bold Italic]