28 July 2014

Loving Photo Series Documents The Life Of A Little Girl With Down Syndrome





Last month, we brought you a beautiful photo series that celebrated the best day in the life of a young lady with Down Syndrome.



UK-based photographer Sian Davey has a similar series titled ‘Finding Alice’ that documents the life of her daughter Alice, who was born with the same condition.



Davey started the series as a way of overcoming her shock at having an “imperfect” child, stating that she struggled with anxiety over their relationship.



“On reflection I saw that Alice was feeling my rejection of her and that caused me further pain. I saw that the responsibility lay with me; I had to dig deep into my own prejudices and shine a light on them. The result was that as my fear dissolved I fell in love with my daughter. We all did.”



The resulting photographs paint a beautiful portrait that captures the ups and downs of family life, from Alice playing in a field to sleeping on a sofa with her sister.



Scroll down for more images and view the rest of the on-going series here.

































[via BOOOOOOOM!, images via Sian Davey ]