30 August 2014

Witty Pictograms Use Shapes And Symbols To Represent Phrases, Movie Titles



Titanic



Japanese artist Akihiro Mizuuchi, previously featured for his awesome chocolate LEGO blocks, has created a new body of works.



The project titled ‘Designing symbol sayings’, has led him and his art students at Tokoha Gakuen University to turn words into shapes and symbols.



Most of the pictogram designs are based on Japanese idioms, while some represented movie titles.



Find out more about these designs on the artist’s website.





I’m so embarrassed. I wish I could just crawl into a hole and die.





Money comes and goes





A child who sleeps well grows well.





Silence is golden





You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours





Win or lose





The Matrix



[via Spoon & Tamago]