9 September 2013

Book Cover Illustrations Adorned With Googly Eyes



“Googly eyes are an infinite capacity for causing pain.”



The Tumblog Googly Eye Books features digitally manipulated covers of literary classics where the eyes of the characters have been replaced by googly ones.



Each photoshopped book cover is also accompanied with an altered quote from the book, making the joke more amusing or silly.



Perhaps literature lovers may find this childish, but this does make classics a lot more accessible.



Scroll down to view some of these altered covers.





“A large googly eye is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.”





“He never went out without a googly eye under his arm, and he often came back with two.”





“But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east, and Juliet is the googly eye.”





“I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my googly eyes. I am, I am, I am.”





“The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating googly eyes.”





“Googly eyes were invented to cover the empty place where love should be.”





“O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;

It is the googly-ey’d monster, which doth mock

The meat it feeds on.”





“The world is full of googly eyes which nobody by any chance ever observes.”





“How long do you suppose, sir, that an hour is to a man who is choking for want of googly eyes?”





“I’d just be the googly eye in the rye and all. I know it’s crazy, but that’s the only thing I’d really like to be. I know it’s crazy.”





“I would always rather be googly-eyed than dignified.”





“You have to kiss a lot of googly eyes before you find your prince.”





“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the googly eyes.”



[via Googly Eye Books]