21 October 2013

Artist Uses Cut-Up Bank Notes To Create Detailed Collages





‘Here There Be Monsters’ is a series by artist Chad Person, in which he uses cut-up US bank notes to create detailed collages of mythical creatures.



Describing his art process, Person said that the decision to create images using money came from various sources. “I have come to understand that I will likely spend the majority of my time and the majority of my life’s income making uncommissioned art objects.”



“I love the idea that people outside of the art-making community would consider this wasteful,” he said. “The technique involved here serves exactly that same purpose. While the concept of spending a few hundred or a few thousand dollars to produce an image no one has asked me to produce might seem meaningful; the more important aspect of this work, to me, is demonstrated in the intricate process.”























[via Faith Is Torment, images via Chad Person]