27 February 2015

Inspiring Photo Project Showcases People Aged One To 100 And Their Dreams



Ludmila, 75 years old

Place of birth: Leningrad

Profession: Art historian

Passion or Dream: My whole professional life I was involved in restoration works and I’ve been breeding and taking care of greyhounds for 50 years.



In a story that will make the end of your work week sweeter, Danish photographer Keen Heick-Abildhauge has captured portraits of Russians aged one to 100 for an inspiring project about their dreams.



Spurred by ignorant remarks from friends who couldn’t understand why he moved there six years ago, he picked up his camera and set about documenting the Russia he saw in daily life.



Heick-Abildhauge started his ‘100 Years Project’ series in 2010, and spent the next two-and-a-half years working on it, shooting 250 portraits in total to get 100 perfect images.



“I wanted to share the diversity and beauty I am experiencing and I wanted to share the wonderful stories that Russian people think and dream about,” he wrote on Bored Panda.



Check out some of his portraits below and view more here.





Marat, five years old

Place of birth: St. Petersburg

Profession: Goes to kindergarten

Passion or Dream: I like playing with Transformers, and people reading books to me and playing computer games. I dream of becoming a policeman.





Yulia, 16 years

Place of birth: Obninsk

Profession: Student

Passion or Dream: I want to live until I am 100 years old. I also want to see new things and how they change during the time. I like to feel Russian.





Oleg, 50 years old

Place of birth: Moscow

Profession: Mechanic

Passion or Dream: Traveling – I would like to visit all the countries in the world.





Evdokia, 100 years old

Place of birth: Smolensky area

Profession: Worker

Passion or Dream: I dream of walking by myself, being independent and alive.





[via Bored Panda, images and captions by Keen Heick-Abildhauge]