4 January 2013

Photojournalist Launches iPhone App That Lets You Add Watermarks On Photos





In a bid to root out copyright theft on social networking sites, photojournalist John D McHugh came up with an iPhone app.



Entitled ‘Marksta’, the app lets users ‘copyright’ their photos by adding watermarks right from their iPhone.



Before posting the pictures on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, users can add a text, logo or website, or other copyright information that they’d like others to see when the photo gets posted.



“I developed the Marksta app because I was tired of people stealing my work on the web,” McHugh told British Journal of Photography. “I often work in incredibly dangerous situations to show the world the stark realities of war and revolution. I can’t describe how frustrating it is to find my images online without any credit or byline.”



Marksta is available on the iTunes store, for free for a limited time.





















[via British Journal of Photography]