27 September 2014

Women Reveal What Makes Them Feel Judged



“For being direct & honest when I speak an unpopular opinion.”

Heidi Minx, BuiltOnRespect.com



BuzzFeed asked 15 women to share what makes them feel judged, at the United Nations Foundation’s Social Good Summit which took place in New York City recently.



Held during UN Week, it is an annual gathering of world leaders, grassroots activists, celebrities, and member of the media to discuss technology and new media strategies for social good.



The women’s responses ranged from frank declarations (“For being direct & honest when I speak an unpopular opinion”) and wistful admissions (“Studying overseas and leaving my kids at home”) to defiant statements (“I try to ignore judgement”).



Check out some responses below and view the rest here.





“Working on maternal and child health even before getting married!”

Adepeju Jaiyeoba, Maternal and Fetal Health Advocate





“Studying overseas and leaving my kids at home.”

Connie Wood, Writer





“I felt judged when I was promoted to a job overseeing all airports around the world for Delta Air Lines. A ramp supervisor told me I wasn’t qualified to ‘hold his jock strap’. I said ‘I’m not interested in holding your jock strap.’”

Vicki Escarra, CEO Opportunity International





“I try to ignore judgement.”

Jenna Bush Hager, Media Personality





“Are you sure you want to go into politics? says every man who asks me what I want to do.”

Morgan Wood, Teen Advisor for Girl Up





[via BuzzFeed]