24 April 2015

Stunning Food Photography Features An Organized Mess Of Colors & Transformation



Seattle-based Brittany Wright’s Instagram is a euphoric mix of colors and organized mess that will make any foodie happy.

The photographer ups the food photography game with her ‘#FoodGradients’ series, a meticulous arrangement of similar food according to their graduating color tones.

Other times, her snaps capture the transformation that the food item goes through either through cooking or growth.

She told BuzzFeed that she is “continuously drawn to showcasing and creating movement through color and physical change.”

“I want everyone to see what their food looks like. I’d love to help ‘rebrand’ fruits and vegetables, helping shed a bright light on how lovely they actually are,” said Wright.

Check out our picks below and head on over here for more gorgeous shots.

Its pretty impressive how quickly the internet works sometimes. Some of you that have been around for a bit know that I have a constant battle of keeping my art in my name. Though the issue is becoming less, I just took a lap around reverse image searching some of my photographs and found that it’s still a very real problem. I try to stay focused and creating more, but some of the ways I've seen my images manipulated makes me feel sick. I wanted to repost this photo I created in January of last year since it has become so widespread and so far from having my name attached to it. Thanks to everyone who messages, comments, and emails me when they find my art deep within the internet with someone else calling it their own- you all mean the world. #foodgradients

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:25pm PDT




I’m taking my photography on a road trip! For a few weeks in May and June I will be headed to a city (hopefully) near you visiting farms of all shapes and sizes. I’ll be documenting them all with my camera making a photo story to help spread the word of where our food comes from and why it’s so important to know about. I’d love it if you could share your favorite farms below that I have to see, along with any food that definitely needs to be eaten and random stops worth visiting on the way. Here are the cities I will be visiting with the possibility of adjustments: Boise Salt Lake City Denver Kansas City St. Louis Indianapolis Detroit Cleveland Philadelphia New York City Washington DC Charlotte Atlanta New Orleans Houston Austin Albuquerque Phoenix San Diego Los Angeles San Francisco Portland Hawaiian Islands

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:35am PDT




I don't know about you, but carrots have been a vegetable that I can't seem to eat enough of lately! These heirlooms were too beautiful not to make some #foodgradients with before I roasted them.🔥

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Jun 12, 2014 at 1:36pm PDT




Having a rad time getting weird with the new Layout app from @instagram🍌

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Mar 23, 2015 at 1:34pm PDT




You've been missed✨

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:41am PDT




Which toast is the best toast?

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Feb 5, 2014 at 5:14pm PST




I call this one 'popcorn steps'. Caught a cold when I thought I was in the clear and able to make it through this winter without getting sick. Apparently unsuccessful, all I want is some buttery popcorn.

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Jan 5, 2014 at 5:39pm PST




I teamed up with @SamsungMobileUSA to collaborate on photographs and created these donut #FoodGradients, shot with the #GalaxyNote4.

A photo posted by Brittany Wright (@wrightkitchen) on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:44pm PST





[via BuzzFeed, images via Brittany Wright]