7 April 2015

This ‘HONY’ Photo Sparked An Amusing Thread About Having Celebrity Names



“Sometimes I hate my name because it always draws attention to me, and I’m not a very social person. My family moved this year from Pennsylvania. I was so scared the first day of school that someone would notice me. I wouldn’t even adjust my seat because I thought it would make a noise. One time I really had to cough, but I held it in. When the teacher started calling attendance, I got really nervous, because every time people learn my name is Beyoncé, somebody starts singing ‘Single Ladies.’ And some did, of course. But the second day of school wasn’t too bad. Because everyone knew my name.”



After a photograph that featured the story of a student named Beyoncé was posted in the popular series ‘Humans of New York’, little did she know that she would soon start an amusing thread filled with hilarious comments about what it is like to grow up with celebrity names and hilarious namesakes.



Captured by photographer Brandon Stanton, the post has since gone viral, attracting amusing comments from other users who also shared similar names with popular celebrities such as Katy Perry and Will Smith, and even fictional characters like Rachel Green from Friends.



Scroll down to view a selection of the best comments posted in the thread, or head here to view the original post.



























[via Mashable, images via Humans of New York Facebook page]