6 April 2015

Photographer Photoshops ‘Ghost Dad’ To Help Family Cope With Loss





Sierra Sharry, the mother of a six-month-old son, lost her husband, Lane, in an accident last year.



To help cope with her loss, she requested for photographer Kayli Henley of Kayli Rene’ Photography to do her a favor—photoshop Lane’s ghostly figure into a family portrait.



She wrote: “13 July 2014 was the absolute worst day of my life. I lost my best friend. The father of my unborn child. And since that day, I have felt so empty inside. A part of me will forever be missing. I loved that man more than life itself.



“Thanks to Kayli, I now have a picture of my little family. It brought me to tears as I know it will many of y’all. This is how I picture us. Taos and I living our lives the best we can with Lane ALWAYS watching over our shoulder. He is watching out for his little boy better than anyone and I know he’s got to be so proud. I love my little family sooooo much and I’m proud to be the mother to Lane’s little boy.”



The image has since gone viral with features in mainstream media and online news sites.



This has also led to Henley receiving many requests from others who would like to include memories of their loved ones in their photos.



Read Sharry’s full story below:

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

The other day I got to meet some new clients, they were booked for a 6 month little boys pictures. As soon as I met...


Posted by Kayli Rene' Photography on Wednesday, 1 April 2015





[via PetaPixel, images via Kayli Henley]