6 March 2015

Photographer Pokes Fun At Our Obsession With Selfies In Humorous Self-Portraits





New York City-based photographer Mike Mellia returns with more humorous self-portraits that skewer our obsession with selfies.



For his on-going ‘A Selfie a Day Keeps the Doctor Away’ series, Mellia takes on various personas, accompanied by wry captions like “That one time I visited the Bulgarian pastry shop and discussed philosophy all day” and “That one time an affluent divorcee invited me to clean her pool.”



Check out some self-portraits below and view more at his Instagram account.



That one time an affluent divorcee invited me to clean her pool


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Feb 17, 2015 at 9:00am PST








That one time I embarked on a strict regimen of lunchtime martinis and light calisthenics


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Feb 18, 2015 at 8:57am PST








That one time my rock and roll band performed at the neighborhood ice cream parlor


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Feb 3, 2015 at 9:03am PST








That one time I worked down by the docks in Dublin


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Dec 10, 2014 at 9:14am PST








That one time I watched the shadows at Stonehenge


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Nov 24, 2014 at 9:00am PST








That one time I played squash


A photo posted by Mike Mellia (@mikemellia) on Nov 21, 2014 at 8:54am PST










[via Mike Mellia]