14 April 2015

Creative 3-D Typography Project Forms Words Using Screws, Other Metal Tools





Jarrett Hendrix, a photographer from Washington DC, indulges in a fascinating side project, called “I Make Things With Tools”, where he literally forms words using basic building tools.



He mainly employs small hollow cylindrical metal pieces and screws, most of which can be found in an IKEA self-building package. To complete the words, the above tools are sometimes accompanied by personal collectibles like a vintage camera, vinyl records and alphabet blocks, as well as various office supplies.



The overall result is a clean and minimal aesthetic, with the occasional splash of color and goofiness in the form of a brightly-colored background and tiny toys placed alongside the words.



Have a look at some of his works below and more over at his Instagram feed.



A photo posted by I Make Things With Tools (@toolwords) on Apr 27, 2014 at 3:40pm PDT








A photo posted by I Make Things With Tools (@toolwords) on Feb 7, 2015 at 4:54am PST








A photo posted by I Make Things With Tools (@toolwords) on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:16am PDT








A photo posted by I Make Things With Tools (@toolwords) on May 29, 2014 at 11:19am PDT








A photo posted by I Make Things With Tools (@toolwords) on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:28pm PDT








[via I Make Things With Tools]