The myth that accidentally-swallowed chewing gum will stay in your stomach for seven years has been debunked!
So what actually happens when you swallow gum by mistake?
According to the Daily Mail, it goes out the other end.
Chewing gum is made out of gum base, sweeteners, coloring and flavouring.
Of which, gum base is made of elastomers, resins, fats, emulsifiers and waxes—and is pretty much indigestible.
When you swallow things that your body can’t fully digest, it just moves along through to the intestines to come out the other end.
However, swallowing too much gum in a short period of time may cause blockage within the digestive system.
[via Daily Mail, image via dreamerve / Shutterstock]