22 April 2015

Woman Uploaded Post-Pregnancy Stretchmarks Photo, Instagram Deleted Her Account



Social networking site Instagram is embroiled in another controversy yet again.

20-year-old Hannah Moore found her account deleted by Instagram after she posted the above photo showing her body and post-pregnancy stretchmarks.

The photo was uploaded in a bid to inspire body confidence after the birth of her twin girls.

However, Instagram removed her account as it was deemed to have breached “nudity and violence” guidelines.

She told The Mirror, “Two minutes after the picture was uploaded my account got closed down, my mouth just dropped and my eyes watered.

“I don’t know why, it was out of the blue but I decided to post a picture of my belly on Instagram because I’ve had twins. I had written underneath the picture how unconfident I had always been, how relationships have been hard and how hard it is to find clothes that I like.

“I want not just myself but other women thin or bigger to love themselves and love their size because everyone is beautiful.”

She also added, “Instagram should be more careful in whose accounts they delete and look into it further.”

A spokesperson for Instagram later said it was a “technical mistake” and the account was subsequently restored.

This is not the first time that Instagram has come under fire for its removal of pictures that were not in violation of its guidelines.

Last month, we featured Instagram’s removal of a photo of a fully-clothed woman on her period that sparked public outcry.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

earlier today i posted this on instagram, explaining that ive never felt comfortable with my size but im happy with the...

Posted by Hannah Grace Johnstone Moore on Wednesday, 15 April 2015


[via BuzzFeed, images via Hannah Moore]